Maple Chipotle Sweet Potato Burger
makes 4 burgers
you will need:
- 1/4 dry millet + 3/4 cup water
- 1 large or (2) small sweet potatoes, peeled, cubed and steamed (about 2 cups worth)
- 1 cup of baby Bella mushrooms, quartered
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1 chipotle pepper
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried cilantro, 2 tsp if using fresh
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup wheat germ (GFO - gf oats)
- 1 tbsp Pepita’sTo serve
- canola oil
- avocado, arugula & buns for servingassembly:
- peel, cube and steam sweet potatoes
- in a small sauce pan bring water to a boil, add millet, cover and cook for 15 minutes until water is absorbed and millet is cooked through - remove from heat and cool.
- in a food processor fitted with an s blade, process sweet potato, mushrooms, dates, chipotle pepper until mushrooms are finely diced.
- in a medium bowl add sweet potato mix, cooked millet and remaining ingredients - lime through Pepita’s and mix well. divide the mixture into 4 even mounds. form each mound into a patty and place on a baking sheet.
- in a medium fry pan, heat a tsp of canola oil over medium heat. 1 patty at a time pan fry in oil until each side is golden brown. transfer back to the baking sheet, continue with each burger.
- bake pan seared burgers in a pre heated 350* oven for 10 minutes - this step ensures the burger
- “sets” / “firms” up.
- remove from oven and serve on a bun with mashed avocado, arugula and slice tomato.
- to freeze for later, layer burgers between wax or parchment paper and seal in a Ziploc bag. reheat on the grill, stove top or toaster oven until warmed through.
i said i was going to run away and get married but my mom said i
my mom said I melon
my mom said I fruit
my mom said I what the fuc—————-OH
SO THAT IS WHAT A CANTALOUPE IS
EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE NOW